Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 23: Favorite Movie -> Not! Book

Uhhhhh, I already did FAVORITE MOVIES, so I will do a book that changed my life instead:


This book was incredibly eye opening. I wasn't sure what exactly it was about when I opened it up and started reading, and it was written in such a way that I've never seen done before, it had charts, graphs, and drawings thrown right in the middle of text. Some chapters were so randomly out of context. I felt humored at first.

And then I realized. This book is about autism. And I started to see the world with new eyes.

This writer does a great job and making an autistic person feel approachable, and even more importantly relate-able. I felt his fears, his thoughts, his frustrations.

This book was never predictable, yet it held my attention, and it's a great short read too.

Thanks to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night, I watch people who deal with Autism and it only makes me wonder what must be going on in their minds right now. They don't scare me like they used to, but rather I wish I could sit down and talk to them about what they like to do, what their hopes and goals are, and what they think about certain aspects of life.

Life changing, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment