Friday, December 9, 2011

Motown Musings

Some mornings I wake up with the super classics in my head. I positively love classic rock and old school pop. Led, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, Chopin, you name it. You would think I was a grandma in a young person's body or something.

This morning it happened to be the Jackson 5.


I am hoping the subject of love and school in the timeless song "ABC" will make me feel more like loving school during this time of finals.

How can you not be inspired to study from the line "Teacher gonna' show you how to get an A."

???

(But let's be honest, it's really making me want to break out in dance in the testing center more than study)

Also, did you know my mother lived in the same neighborhood as the Jackson 5? I think she mentioned hearing them live at a mall or something before they hit it big.

If she could see into the future, then I know she indubitably would have got a picture with the King of Pop.

No doubt in my mind.

In other news, the Glee cover of ABC is fantastic. Unless you don't like Glee, I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment