Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 8: A Letter to the 16 Year Old You

Dear 16-Year-Old Self,

I look back at you versus your peers and I'm very proud of you. I'm glad you didn't compromise anybody else just to climb the social latter. I'm glad you always tried to be yourself. I'm glad you tried new things. I am glad you chose to work hard on your violin, I don't ever regret the time spent practicing.

There are a few things though:

(1) Don't take Devin to Winter Formal. Whatever your friends make you feel pressured to do, you're not going to have a good time with him. He'll grow up and grow out of his high-school-ness, but you'll be happier moving on now instead of dragging that dead horse around. I promise there will be more-suitable men for you to come.

(2) Appreciate the new circle of friends you'll be making. And don't shut off to talking to people you'd think will not accept you. They're just inadequate about themselves, not you, and some actually like you and you're not aware.

(3) DON'T GO TO THAT HAIRDRESSER BY YOUR HOUSE! SHE'S GOING TO RUIN YOUR HAIR!

 And

(4) Enjoy this moment. Life is still simple, and it's really good. And you can still dream about your five-year plan working the way you want it to.

That's all.

Love,

21-year-old Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment