Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Farewell 2012!

Oh, 2012, you will be missed. What a incredible year!

Here are the highlights:

1) Circling the globe in 22 days. I made great friends during the trip, I learned about globalization like never before, and my spirit was refreshed with a new drive to let myself feel joy.





2) Awesome ward friends. And not to mention lots of awesome laser tagging!

3) Concerts, concerts, concerts. I saw Iron & Wine, Fictionist, Moth & the Flame, Imagine Dragons, AWOLNATION, Neon Trees, Owl City, The New Electric Sound, Grouplove, and so many talented local bands. I really enjoyed volunteering for Rooftop Concert Series. These concerts were spent with great company, I am so glad to have new concert-going buddies now.
4) Batman midnight showing with Bryn. It was decided on a whim but so worth it. Even though we both knew we had to get up bright and early the next day!

5) The office parties. Particularly the first one in the summer when I got to play croquet in super preppy clothes. You might not believe it, but that was on my bucket list to do that, dreams come true! I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have made so many great friends at my job, it truly is one of those joys of working.
6) On that note of becoming best friends with who you work with, I'd also like to shout out to the wonderful people I have met in my major. Dear public relations buddies, thank you for being the best people to suffer through mounds of homework and projects with. I didn't know I could be excited to go to class until I knew how excited I was to see you all there!

7) Becoming a journalist and getting to write about music. What a fulfilling summer class/job! It was one of the harder things I did but also invaluable. I seem to find a smile on my face whenever I mention my time working for the school paper to others.

8) Finally, what has made this year more fantastic than any other is the amazing bonds we have formed. It's all you my friends who make my life so good. I am so glad to meet many new people and have my heart open to many different types of people I would have never thought I could be friends with any earlier time of my life. You make my life what it is and I am blessed to have you for my friends.

My favorite moments this year went beyond the grandiose ones like seeing the Eiffel Tower or climbing the Great Wall, but rather sitting by the Louvre eating dinner and talking about life, and climbing the Great Wall together listening to "Good Life" on the way up.


Other favorite moments included dunking Hindi color powder in my friends' hair for the first time, or having a cozy Zelda party with old roommates, or waiting in ridiculously long roller coaster lines with old best friends, or getting totally creamed at laser tag on Rachel's last night of bachelorette-hood, or playing old mafia games and rock band with some of your oldest friends.


It's these experiences, both large and small, that I shared with you that make me reflect and believe that 2012 will forever be marked in my history as one of the best years of my life. I'm looking forward to the future, I hope the many years to follow will be shared with you and more remarkable people.

Happy New Year friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment