Monday, July 15, 2013

Reasons Why I am Meant to be Alive and Here on the Earth

Not to be morbid, but there's many reasons why I should probably be dead now.

Exhibit A: Having an allergic reaction to shellfish in London.  (Trust me on this one, it's a big deal)

Exhibit B: Falling through the freak-missing step at my complex and having to go to the E.R. because I could barely breathe.

Exhibit C: Got my car fixed recently, the mechanic told my mother that I must being the "praying type" because my ball bearings could have locked up at any minute. And I spend most of my time driving on the freeway, so if that would've given out, I would've been toast. (Did I mention it had this problem for over a month???)

Exhibit D: And let's not talk about all the driving (and walking!) in Utah I did. Sheesh. I learned during my runs if I wore a bright neon jacket that my fatality rate went down immensely.

If you couldn't tell, I have lots of driving anxiety. 



Exhibit E: Running in eight-degree weather over black ice and snowy weather. Joking. I don't know how many people have statistically died from running in that temperature, but I wouldn't recommend it because it feels like death.

Why do I bother to bring these all up? Realizing that I had every reason in the world to get fatally injured and coming out of almost all of those very cleanly, it makes me SO grateful to be alive. 

It reminds me that God wants me to be here and that I have a purpose. I'm here to give back to the world. I am here to love. I am here to lift others up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment