So here's the update with what's going on in my life at the moment:
- WORK UPDATE: I am three months into my internship. I talked to the boss about possibly working there and he said he would love to hire me except there isn't space right now. He said he would extend my internship two months and we could see in October if there was space for me, but in the meantime I will be interviewing looking for a job.
- My diploma will come in the mail in probably a month, I am officially done with school! I completed the academic portion of my internship at the end of June. It felt really weird to be free.
- I am still at my parents' home enjoying free rent. But I'm looking for a place to live in either Tempe or Scottsdale.
- On that note, I have been researching places to live. I had three choices and eliminated one this week. I have my eye on two living boundaries and LDS wards: Scottsdale Ward and Towne Lake Ward (the former ASU 5th Ward that I went to in time's past). I eliminated University ward because I found out it encompassed freshman dorms and many of the girls were kind of....yeah, just didn't hit it off there. But it's nice to only be torn two ways instead of three!
- I've lost eight pounds since I've been home. I focused on feeling good and not worrying about weight. I attribute that to clean eating entirely, it's amazing how your body feels better when you're not eating pizza bagels everyday.
- My hair is getting really LONG. I think it's grown four-five inches in an instant and is almost halfway down my back. Go biotin tablets.
- I finally edited my Festival of Colors pictures. I know, I know, it's been three months.
- I'm right back into playing piano and violin religiously (no pun intended). I'm playing piano for all my church meetings and somehow became principal violinist for the "Lamb of God" Fireside on August 24th and 25th. It's made me a much happier individual to get back into music again.
- Dating? Yes, see previous posts.
- Hosting a Star Wars Movie Marathon - so far it's been very successful, I am glad many others can share my affinity for it.
So, yeah, that's been my post-college life thus far. This summer has been fun. And WILD. As much as I miss my friends from BYU and many things from that era, getting away from Provo has done wonders to my self-esteem. I actually feel like a worthwhile, good, and attractive person. I don't want this to be a diss BYU session though, BYU has done so many wonderful things for me and given me so many opportunities, but it's great to get out and have time for a healthy dating and social life again.
Here are my current plans and goals in the meantime:
- Start applying for full-salaried jobs in Tempe and Scottsdale (and maybe Phoenix), and see how the additional two months at my internship go
- Start checking out apartments in the Towne Lake and Scottsdale area - call the girls, take a tour of their apartments
- Practice and prepare for the symphonic fireside
- Find a half-marathon / sprint triathlon to register for between December and March
- Start cooking a few more dinners since one of my social venues has dropped out
- Give myself another mini-style makeover, i.e. figure out what to do with my ridiculously long locks now
- Give my fashion blog a makeover - content and look
- Keep mostly clean eating
- Save money for apartment decorations and furnishings
- Reward myself with a keyboard and Pro-Tools when I get hired on somewhere
- Going to Utah on August 8th for Yulee's wedding. And maybe Vegas that same weekend?
- Sort-of saving for a trip to Six-Flags & California and (way down the road probably) Tokyo. I really want to go to those places.
I think I'll just call my life updates the Crazy Shenanigans series. Enjoy!