Sunday, April 20, 2008

Homily and Obese: The Musical

Dear Bloggy,
Beauty and the Beast was the Pits (pun intended). Or should I say the PIT?
(On the left side, I was the second row behind the person, I think)
So kidding, it was a whole lot of fun. Even with crazy statistics like...
Total hours of playing music (including class practicing and outside practicing): about 50
Average hours of sleep per night for the cast member during performance week: 4-6
Number of strings broken: at least 1
bow hairs broken: at least 5
stage curtain ripped: 1
times orchestra missed the whole fight scene music: once
Total hours: too much to count...

We had many priceless moments which include: Doing the line dance with the wolves back stage,
the orchestra stopping all at once when we first spotted the word "Jesus" formally printed on our music,
finding a "I love you!" stickie from a very beloved friend when I got my cast shirt,
being able to see my niece out in the audience who was eagerly waiting for the show to start (and picking her nose),
playing the tremelo note for who knows how long while the stagecrew tried to fix the ripped curtain,
eating Gummy Worms, Gobstoppers, Lucky Charms, Cheerios, Fruity "Tooties", and carrots throughout the rehearsals and plays and rubbing it in to band geeks who can't eat anything during the performance time.

Getting a picture with the Enchantress.....
















....a plate















....and a wolf....

















And I'm sorry to say that I didn't get any with any other characters because they were too...uh...busy attending to other affairs to takes a picture with an orcdork like I.

Anywho, lots of fun, lots of work. And last night a lot of sleep after it was all over. I think I had more fun last year with Fiddler on the Roof, but this one certainly had more dynamics (and forsaken tremolos) and art than the last one so it was probably too different to compare.

Well, that's what I've been up to for the most part lately. See you all later!
Love, Hillso

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Mom and Popsicle told me you were pretty busy all week long. I'm pumped you're ready to cook- I'd be more than happy to pass on some things I've learned. I'm hoping to cook a lot for the fam while I'm down there. I hope you're ready to have another sibling living with you kiddies :)

    ReplyDelete