Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 15: Bible verse

1 Kings 19: 11-12

"11
And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."

I. Am. A in-the-closet Rocker. I'll never make it big with my guitar or vocal skills, but I hope to help somebody else succeed because music is my passion. I love every type of music pretty much, and I feel a bit odd for being a girl who especially likes harder (classic) rock like Muse, Led Zeppelin, a little Jimi, Franz Ferdinand. I used to LOVE punk rock (New Found Glory). My ears are always plugged into the newest thing I found on Youtube, on Pandora, or Playlist.com. Music really is my passion.

I am also passionate about current events. I get great satisfaction with keeping up with what's going all around the world. I care about what happens to people. I'm proud to say that I am one of the few 19-year-olds who cares about what's going on in Libya as well as Japan in addition to what in the world our US government is up to.

My life is fast-paced, if I slow down the world speeds up ahead of me and I have to catch up. I'm always wired to media outlets (ha, blogger would validate this!).

So this scripture really stands out to me because the joke floating around in my head is that I must be waiting to be struck by lightning or something in order for getting the result I want from life.

But really, it comes when I slow down, I stop, and I take my head phones out, I turn off my lap top, and I go for a walk out in nature. And that's when I know I can hear God talking to me, telling me to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment