Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Beast

Let me tell you one thing about my hair...
It has a mind of its own.

Most girls express some frustration with their textures, their color, etc...

I used to hate blonde hair, I felt like it was the symbol of the terrible notion of a Aerean race, often affiliated with unrealistic expectations of barbie dolls, ditzy celebrities and "dumb blonde" jokes.

But after going to Denmark and having Asians bombard me with pictures because of my "unusual" hair color, I've learned to really appreciate my heritage, which includes my hair color and texture. And I don't want it any other way, well, 97% of the time.

I've learned bedhead is what "The Beast" (I affectionately coined it that name in high school) wants, so I go with the flow.  I've got great hair for the most part, I like "The Beast" whether it decides to be crazy wavy or stick straight.

The Beast is a greater free spirit than me. But hey, when you've got several cowlicks in the front and the back of your head, it's going to do whatever it dang well pleases.

For the wild protein cells coming out of the top of my head, I say this to you:

Shine on you crazy diamond.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. Awesome Hillary! I love your message to the protein cells. And I do love your hair.

    ReplyDelete