Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2016: A Year for Gratitude

One of the goals I made last year was to stop saying "Sorry" when it really wasn't necessary or I wasn't actually sorry.

I.E. Contributing ideas at work when it might challenge the discussion, asking questions that start with "Sorry to bug you," etc, etc... There's a lot of self-shaming that comes from using sorry outside of making genuine mistakes (Solid read here).

I don't really do "resolutions" so much anymore as I do themes - since I think goals need shorter, more measurable periods than a year, but can tie into something bigger long term.

One of the three themes I picked this year involved "Gratitude." This article made me realize how I could replace one habit of self-shaming into something outward-focused and positive. it's amazing how turning "Sorrys" into "Thank Yous" makes all the difference.

On that note, thank you for reading my blog. Even when I write sporadically because I want to keep my life private or I decide all my thoughts need to go out into the world to fulfill themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome thoughts! I say sorry too much. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete