Wednesday, January 5, 2011

VEGETARIANISM

Dear Bloggy and the Rest of the World that Reads This,

I am trying something out. I am going to be a vegetarian for the month of January, starting as of yesterday after I ate my mother's homemade chicken dumpling soup. Being somebody who has tried Mediterranean-style eating, the four-light-meal three-snack plan, and generally speaking I feel that changing my diet and taking control of what I eat has been something has gotten easier with age so I don't think it will be too difficult of a transition at this time in my life because I haven't eaten a whole lot of meat lately.

Shopping was probably the hardest part, I kept thinking, "There's meat in everything! Geez!" I had to think almost creatively about what to eat.
Just so you know, I am still consuming dairy so that makes me a ovo-lacto vegetarian? Yeah.

But you know, if somebody buys me a burger I'm not going to say no, so I'm not doing this as a social thing.

I'll let you know how it goes. Peace out.

1 comment: