This is what I wrote on Jan 31st concerning this topic:
"And so this marks the end of my month of being a "vegetarian". I will honestly admit I did not finish the month so strong. I was craving Arby's for several months when the opportunity arose to go there Saturday night, and then I went to my brother's and had spaghetti and meatballs, lots of meatballs. But here's my synopsis:
- Shopping is a bit tricky. I was amazed at how many things I found at the supermarket had meat in them. Soup, frozen dinners, you name it! You either have to eat very simply or get creative with what you're going to eat. I chose the simple route.
- Meat doesn't sound appealing after you go without for a while, only when it was in a mixed dish of veggies and rice or stuff.
- Meat didn't taste as good when I actually I briefly caved in to it.
- I had a lot more hypoglycemia battles, it's hard to stay full and find protein in the right places. I could only stand soybeans and beans for so long.
- I typically forgot I was being a vegetarian, not because of situations that compromised my situation, but rather because it was so easy and felt natural
It was good, looking back I think that I still find whole chunks of meat unappealing. I'm basically 2/3rds a vegetarian nowadays.