Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello my Old Heart

I think I'm afraid. And every time I get disappointed or I fear disappointment I decide to go on a self-exploratory excursion. And it seems these excursions just add another stone to my wall. They're drifting me away from what I want most.

It was the lyrics to Oh Hello's "Hello My Old Heart" that struck this realization into me today, or I guess reiterated the thoughts going through my head this week.

I'm totally afraid to be smitten by someone again. Or perhaps, I am reluctant to feel again because I'm afraid of it going all wrong. I don't want to go back.

It's been a long time after all, and some times I wonder if I'll ever feel it again.


But I find comfort in the following lines from this song:

Nothing lasts forever
Some things aren't meant to be
But you'll never find the answers till you set your old heart free
Till you set your old heart free


Perhaps it's time to let my old heart free - it's not that fragile anymore - then tear down some bricks, and take some risks. Time to get acquainted with my heart and what it wants again.

Hello, my old heart. How have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment