Monday, May 6, 2013

Legit

Graduation happened, friends, it happened:



I don't know how to describe this experience to you friends, perhaps surreal? Perhaps I still have 3 credits left to finish so maybe that's why it doesn't feel real?

I don't know. I'm very happy? I'm happy to move forward and I am pleased with what I have accomplished in these last four years.
I am so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life I met during my college years, both in my program as well as in my wards. Thank you for all the incredible experiences and lessons you gave me.

I guess as I sat on that stage at convocations and, like the immense blackness out there and a blinding light on stage, it was in a way a symbol of my future: many unknowns. Many challenges perhaps, but also many things I had no idea what I would be looking forward to next. What new friends I would make, what new loves I would find, what jobs I would take.

But I knew one thing for sure: as I move on to new chapters of my life, they always seem to get better than the last chapter. So in a way, I am not extremely worried. Harder things will come, but it always gets better and I find deeper joys whenever they happen. 

So happy graduation! May the next chapters of your lives be rich also!



No comments:

Post a Comment