Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Her Mixtapes are Masterpieces

So the five-year-old CD's in my car have finally died. Well, I think they've been warped by 8 degree and 110 + degree weather, and they are skipping tracks. I was ok with two of the CD's not making it the whole way, but once my signature classic rock CD gave out, I knew it was time for an update.

So I pulled out ancient technology and created three CD's, and they are as follows:

Wait for Summertime (2013)
Its alias is also known as my super hipster summer playlist. I designed tribal print on its cover to validate its hipsterdom. It's full of Indie-pop, and it's also my summer mantra.

(1) Anna Sun - Walk the Moon
(2) Punching in a Dream - The Naked & Famous
(3) Block After Block - Matt and Kim
(4) Simple Song - The Shins
(5) Finger Back - Vampire Weekend
(6) Young Blood - The Naked & Famous
(7) Worship You - Vampire Weekend
(8) Tightrope - Walk the Moon
(9) Tongue Tied - Grouplove
(10) Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
(11) Sleepyhead - Passion Pit (you knew I would slip them in, right?)
(12) Lisa Baby - Walk the Moon
(13) Girls Like You - The Naked & Famous (Best Spring/Summer driving song ever!)

And, because my classic rock CD was the reason behind this update, I of course updated that as well.

Presenting,
Legen- wait for it - Dary
Yes, I really called it that.

(1) Baba O'Riley - The Who
(2) Mr. Roboto - Styx
(3) Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
(4) Come Sail Away - Styx
(5) Peace Of Mind - Boston
(6) Somebody to Love - Queen
(7) Hotel California - The Eagles
(8) Renegade - Styx
(9) Money - Pink Floyd
(10) Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
(11) Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
(12) The Final Countdown - Europe

And, my third album, I realized I do a lot of driving on Sundays now. So the third one is rightly titled:

Good Sabbath
Tunes that won't make me fall asleep on the road but also not destroy the spirit of the Sabbath.

(1) Savior, Redeemer of my Soul - Dallyn Vail Bayles
(2) He'll Answer Back - Catherine Papworth
(3) You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
(4) What About - Peter Breinholt
(5) Sodom, South Georgia - Iron & Wine
(6) I Will Rest in You - Mindy Gledhill
(7) I Will Rise - Alex Boye
(8) Vincent (Starry, Starry Night) - Josh Groban
(9) Praise to the Man - Jenny Frogley
(10) When You Believe - Prince of Egypt soundtrack
(11) The Plagues - Prince of Egypt soundtrack
(12) Beautiful Heartbreak - Hilary Weeks

I am way stoked about these. Now I hope I can share these with my passengers and that they will enjoy them also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment