Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Six Questions

1. Is this how you imagined your life would be?

Nope! Nadda. Nuh uh. I hoped I would be married to some brilliant architect or accountant that I had dated for over a year my junior year of college and got engaged to my senior year. Then we would be living in California, or New York, or London;  he would be at an awesome firm wearing fitted grey suits with cool ties and I'd be doing public relations and creative marketing for a record label or music company.

In retrospection there were huge flaws in this plan: (1) there is no architecture program at BYU, (2) accountants (or actuaries) don't have time to date at BYU, (3) PR majors don't have time to date in college either if they're working for a career like said above, (4) I was definitely not ready for marriage my junior year (or senior year), and (5) God knew that my spouse was not at BYU or not ready either.

And though I am not always as happy with my current life as I should be, I can see why this plan has worked better than what I imagined it to be:
(1) I like boys that didn't go to BYU a lot more than BYU guys, our interaction and relationships aren't ridden in anxiety. 
(2) I will not second-guess whomever I marry or wonder what it would've been like if I had the chance to work and be single after college.
(3) I'll have money and time to buy a house, go on sweet dates, plan my wedding, you know, adult stuff.
(4) I will have time to do all the vain, single things I probably would have desired and wished to do.
(5) Down the road when all the things I want happen, I will look back and see that I was able to do it all, as I hoped.

Sorry, long answer to a short question.

2. If money were no question, I would purchase...

Time. Time to do many things: read books, build homes in South America and Africa, paint, teach English in Japan/Korea, live in London for a summer, do another social change project.   Curse you opportunity cost!

3. What's your drink of choice when out with girlfriends?
Aqua. Lots of aqua. I don't drink, and I also abide by the rule of "don't drink your calories," so that makes water my BFF. Although I miss Goolia and I's decaf herbal tea excursions at Teavana.

4. What do you love about yourself?

I already answered this question in another post recently, but I do like my hair, my creativity, my bashful sense of adventure, by statistically-uncommon green eyes, my talents in music and art, my ability to have grown-up intellectual conversations, my weird fascination with nonfiction, my ability to have friends from all walks of life, and all the things that made me me.

5. Name one good deed you did that went unseen.

Um, I opened the front curtains at work in the mornings. Shhh, don't tell anybody!

6. What hobbies do you have that you don't mention on the blog?

I am a pretty open book about my hobbies. The only thing that really slips under the radar is that I play piano just as well if not better than violin, as well as some guitar and songwriting. I'm also a huge thrift store shopper.

Ok, tagging time! Let's go with Bonnie, Yulee and Sadie. Have at it.

1 comment: